Friday, June 11, 2004

School's Out! Welcome to the OC, Bitch!

As the title suggests, I had my last final today and I'm officially one quarter away from graduating. This means that, this summer, I need to get myself a job since I haven't had one for a few months. I'm surprised because somewhere along the line a job was supposed to have fallen in my lap for the summer and it hasn't happened yet. I'm not exactly sure who screwed up here, but it wasn't me. So, I'm going to keep looking on craigslist for a job for the next few days. I'm going to need to throw together some fake resume because waiting tables usually doesn't work as a pre-requisite for a job editing somewhere.

Anyway, I'm sure Jesus will find me a job.

Ray Charles, in a ridiculous fit of jealousy, killed himself today. Apparently he couldn't take it that a former President of the United States was getting all the attention, so he shot himself, nine times, in the face. Let the "He didn't see it coming" jokes start flying. Because he did. He was old. Duh. Idiots.

The MTV Movie Awards were on tonight. Nothing says anticlimactic like an MTV award show. They do such a good job of making things seem like they're really not going to suck this time, but they always manage to make everything mediocre. It's like knowing you're going to have sex with a really hot chick, only to get in the act and find out she doesn't have any genitalia. Trust me, this has happened to me on more than one occasion and it's always a little weird --especially when I insist on stabbing a hole in her pelvis and "getting what I paid for."

I think that's the worst thing I've ever written. Hooray for new lows.

The best thing about the show was how they had the midget dressed up like a gargoyle in the podium cage. I don't know whose idea that was, but that person needs to do a lot more thinking for MTV. I wish it was actually a child and not a midget, though. And I also wish that that child was then sold into slavery in Thailand in exchange for two bags of plastic Army Men for me and each of my friends because that's what Dr. King would have wanted.

Interesting thought of the day:
The buffet at all Donkey Shows in Tijuana has a vegetarian section as required by Mexican law.

Commentarios, cartas electronicas.

No comments: