Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

So, I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 today. Michael Moore will be happy to know that I saw his film and George Bush will be happy to know that I didn't pay for it. I hope that I made both sides happy here, because that's what's important.

That chubby bastard sure is good at making a persuasive argument. It's a shame I don't know more about things in general, or I probably wouldn't constantly be thinking, Oh, that's a good point. I'm sure, like in Bowling for Columbine, there's a lot of sneaky editing and things, but that's what a director does; especially a director who's trying to get his point across.

The reason I'm writing this post, however, is because I saw a thing on MTV News (the hardest hitting news source on television) about the film. They interviewed three people (a black guy, a white guy, and a white girl) who said they were on the fence before the film, and then, what they thought about Bush after the film. The black guy and the white guy were a little swayed, but not a lot, they were swayed within reason after seeing a piece of political propoganda (any documentary is propoganda). But the girl was blown away. She said, "This totally makes me want to become, like, more active in the political system so I can, like, really make a difference. You know?" She said she had voted for Bush in 2000, but definitely wasn't going to vote for him this time around. It's strange what the film does. It doesn't necessarily say, "Vote for Kerry," (he's not even mentioned) but, instead, it says, "Don't vote for Bush!" I'm going to vote for Kerry anyway, because I voted for Gore in 2000 and I swear, if Bush gets re-elected in 2004, I'm putting the entire country on restriction. No Nintendo for TWO WEEKS! And I mean it. No amount of sad faces or begging will make me change my mind.

I think that Kerry's new campaign slogan should go like this (since it's basically doing this without saying it anyway): A vote for Kerry: It's not a vote for Bush!

Anyway, on a different note, that guy Ken just won his 20th straight time on Jeopardy. He's the scariest Mormon Software Engineer I know.

Interesting thought of the day:
Putting food coloring in your eyes does NOT work like liquid sunglasses. It just stings a lot.

You can comment anonymously below or email me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In retrospect, I think that no Nintendo for two weeks hardly compensates for the nation's moronic tendencies.
Instead, I recommend that we shove said Nintendos/Nintendoes/Nintendii
(or however the hell you pluralize Nintendo) up their asses for two weeks. Or maybe longer. What do you think?