Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bush Blames 'Make-Believe' for Iraq War!

That's right. In a surprising move (and something I fucking wished I was making up), George W. Bush has decided to blame god for the war in Iraq.

I honestly don't even know where to start. First, though, a disclaimer: This is all speculation because the actual video where he says this hasn't been released yet. But, I just talked to god myself, and he said that it's absolutely true, so I'm free to proceed without caution.

Well, without anymore caution.

God would tell me, `George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did, and then God would tell me, `George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.
So, he's taken to calling Karl Rove 'God' now. ZING! Hey, if the shoe fits! A-Oooga!

Knowing that he said this is absolutely terrifying. The person that is in charge of the most powerful and fattest nation in the world makes his political decisions the same way that serial killers pick their victims: based on what the make-believe voices in their head tells them.

At least the Son of Sam had some sort of physical manifestation for the voices he heard.

I'll never understand how the "majority" of the country could have voted for somebody who operates their life on this level. If you're religious, that's fine; it's your choice. But to put the lives of thousands and thousands of soldiers at risk in Iraq because an unseen, completely faith-based, absolutely impossible-to-prove-it-exists entity told you to is worse and scarier than anything a serial killer has ever done because at least a majority of people can agree that what the murderer has done shows that they are batshit insane.

But this motherfucker says he talked to god and god said to fight a war? That's exactly the same line of thinking as the Taliban. They're crazy people, though. We're much more sophisticated.

I want to drop a car battery on GWB's balls so badly.

Interesting thought of the day:
About 90% of Americans believe in a god. I do not. Therefore, the other 10% of Americans and I cause all of the problems.

4 comments:

Carl Click said...

Go heathens! and other umm.. non-believers.

Anonymous said...

The truly scary part is that he comes right out and says that god (aka the voices in his head) have told him to do this, and then ya know, we re-elect him, and no one looks into his mental health.

Hmmm... back to back posts on religion also with references to vaginas, sperm and balls. I dunno Kurt...

Agonderae

David Amulet said...

This is one of those things where--for my own sanity, if not just good overall judgment--I'm not going to believe everything I hear. At least without the context.

Poets, priests, and politicians, who have words to thank for their positions (thanks, Sting), will often say things that a specific audience wants to hear. I can imagine a scenario--although it repulses me--where he could have said this to appeal to a certain crown (I heard he was speaking to Palestinians at the time). The "logic" he used in this description may in fact have very little to do with his true reasoning. In fact, I'd bet on it.

The comment still makes me wretch. Maybe I'll stage a protest--that is, if God tells me to.

-- David A.

this one girl.... said...

up on our soap box today, aren't we? if i didn't know better, i would think this whole matter irritated you just a little....