Friday, June 10, 2005

Poker? I Hardly Know Her! (Besides, She's Not Dead Yet!)

When I started my one-month, non-stop Blogtastic Blogapalooza, or BlogGate, or whatever, I said that the reason I had stopped writing was because I was busy playing online poker.

Well, I started playing again and told myself that I could as long as I kept up my writing. So, last night I played in a 343 person $11 tournament (plus rebuys--those that know poker, know what I'm talking about, those that don't, don't worry about it). I ended up getting third place without rebuying once. I won $1500.

The exchange rate from U.S. Dollars (USD) to Unemployed Dollars (UD) means I won roughly a million dollars.

So I've been looking around at houses and I've already bought a Lamborghini (I know nothing about cars except when I was a kid I either wanted a Lamborghini or the Delorean from Back to the Future). I have paid off all of my family's bills and I bought the moon*.

*Lunch!

Anyway, I was thinking about Ancient Rome and I was wondering how tough it would be to have a fake ID there.

Bouncer: So this is you, huh? When's your birthday?

Tiberius: September X-I-V, umm, C-C-C-L-X-X-X-X, wait, III Xs, not IV Xs. Wait. Okay, let me start over.

Bouncer: Well, how about your address.

And, scene.

Interesting thought of the day:
Molestation is the sincerest form of flattery.

No comments: